Electricians urge Aussies not to let their Christmas go up in flames

Master Electricians Australia RSS Feed

22 December 2017

Master Electricians Australia is urging all Australians to exercise a high degree of caution with electrical equipment over the coming days and to not let their Christmas go up in flames, literally.

MEA CEO Malcolm Richards said that people need to be alert to electrical hazards, both for themselves and young children over the festive season.

“Whether it’s putting up or down Christmas lights and New Year decorations, connecting the family Christmas tree, or plugging in electronic presents, Australians will be coming into close contact with a lot of electrical equipment over the Christmas and New Year period,” Mr Richards said.

“The festive season is a time for all Australians to relax and spend time with friends and family, but people cannot afford to be complacent when it comes to their own safety.

“It’s important that people are alert to electrical hazards such as live wires, the overloading of power boards and the increased risk that is posed if it rains or storms.

“Ensure that safety switches are installed on all electrical circuits, this is a relatively inexpensive way to significantly increase safety around the home.

“If you think that any electrical equipment you’re using may be damaged then don’t risk it, saving a few dollars is not worth the emotional cost of losing yourself or a loved one,” Mr Richards said.

The full Christmas Safety Checklist can be found on the Master Electricians Australia website at http://www.masterelectricians.com.au/page/Consumers/Electrical_tips/Electrical_safety/Christmas_Safety_Checklist/.

[ENDS]

Malcolm Richards is available for interview. Please phone The SAS Group on 07 3221 9222 or 0467 792 013.

Next

Previous

Next

Previous