MEA announces winners of North Queensland Excellence Awards
Master Electricians Australia has announced the winners of the MEA North Queensland Excellence Awards which was held over the weekend at the Ville-Resort Casino in Townsville. Categories ranged from Master Electrician of the year, through to awards for women in contracting and awards for commercial and residential projects.
MEA CEO Malcolm Richards said that the awards demonstrated the hard work of MEA members in North Queensland. “MEA is proud to have so many hard-working members in North Queensland and it is important that an industry association such as ours recognises their achievements,” Mr Richards said.
“MEA members have provided invaluable contributions to a variety of projects in the North Queensland region and also played an important role in the aftermath of Cyclone Debbie earlier this year.
“We are proud of their efforts and on behalf of everyone at MEA I would like to again congratulate all the winners.”
The Winners of the Master Electricians North Queensland Excellence Awards were as follows:
• Master Electrician of the Year – John Horan – Horan and Bird Energy
• Legrand Apprentice of the Year – Adam Penna – NSEW Electrical
• Women in Contracting – Sonya Corkery – Electrotek
• Commercial Project of the Year – Simon Mc Inness – GTL Electrical
• Residential Project of the Year – Steve Allan – Steve Allan Electrical
• Industrial / Mining – Simon McInness – GTL Electrical
• Energy Efficiency Project of the Year – Sam Whiting – Horan and Bird Energy
• Bob Cooper Award – Sonya Corkery – Electrotek
Malcolm Richards is available for interview. Please phone The SAS Group on 07 3221 9222.