MEA unveils WA’s brightest electrical sparks
Master Electricians Australia (MEA) has unveiled Western Australia’s best sparkies at its 2019 Excellence Awards evening.
The top gong for WA Master Electrician of the Year Award went to Wilco Electrical, accepted by Frank Mitchell, for the positive impact his business has had on the local community and its diverse operations. Wilco Electrical also won the Energy Efficiency Project of the Year Award for a project that has delivered clean, safe drinking water to remote communities.
Bunbury based Michelle Griffiths took out the Women in Contracting Award and has overseen her Laser Electrical Bunbury business expand from 3 to 16 staff in a 6-month period. Meanwhile, Joshua Gray of Geraldton was awarded the coveted Legrand Apprentice of the Year trophy for excelling in his role with S & K Electrical Contracting.
Other winners included West State Electrics (Commercial Project), S & K Electrical Contracting (Industrial Project), Prolecko (Residential Project), and Darren Jesnoewski (Tradie of the Year).
MEA CEO Malcolm Richards congratulated all the award winners and recognised the high calibre of entries.
“MEA members across Western Australia have once again demonstrated the amazing talent we have working in the state’s electrical industry,” Mr Richards said.
“The calibre of nominations MEA received was phenomenal and showcased incredibly high standards regarding quality, safety and integrity – attributes that are the cornerstone of Master Electricians.
“The individual awards highlighted the dedicated and skilled sparkies MEA has in Western Australia, while the project awards underlined the cutting-edge and innovative business practices that are taking place in the industry.
“I congratulate all eight winners on their achievement and thank them for upholding the high standards that Master Electricians members have become known for. The biggest winners have actually been their customers who have benefitted from their levels of professionalism.”
All eight winners will now go on to the compete in the National Master Electricians Excellence Awards.
Malcolm Richards is available for interview.
Please phone The SAS Group on (07) 3221 9222 or 0467 792 013.
Winners of the 2019 Master Electricians Western Australia Excellence Awards
- Commercial Project of the Year Award – Wei Lim – West State Electrics – Bibra Lake
- Woman in Contracting Award – Michelle Griffiths – Laser Electrical Bunbury – Bunbury
- Industrial Project of the Year Award – Steve Villier – S & K Electrical Contracting – Geraldton
- Energy Efficiency Project of the Year Award – Frank Mitchell – Wilco Electrical – Kardinya
- Legrand Apprentice of the Year Award – Joshua Gray – S & K Electrical Contracting – Geraldton
- Residential Project of the Year Award – Matthew Blagden – Prolecko – Thornlie
- Electrician (Tradie) of the Year Award – Darren Jesnoewski – RNM Solutions – Wangara
- Master Electrician of the Year Award – Wilco Electrical – Frank Mitchell – Kardinya